Welcome :)


Welcome to my blog!

I am a freelance printed surface designer - I create artwork for use in fashion (womenswear mainly), interiors and stationary and created this blog to share my inspirations, work in progress, and design interests.

You can also follow me on http://pinterest.com/samwarren/ and have a glimpse of my printed surface portfolio on http://www.samanthawarren.me.uk/


Enjoy browsing! Thanks, Sam x

Monday 4 July 2011

William Morris and Liberty Textile Printing, Merton, London

Sadly only information and revamped buildings from the printed textile workshops of William Morris and Arthur Liberty (founder of Liberty's Regent Street) in Merton Abbey Mills remain. I took photos of the information plaques which document the history of the print workshops. I can't believe this is all that is left considering that Liberty's is one of central London's shopping hot spots! It could of been a really great site had some of his actual workshop and printing blocks remained.





Liberty's former textile printing workshop

The printing workshop William Morris worked in

location along the River Wandle - perfect for washing out fabric dyes


No comments:

Post a Comment